Friday, January 22, 2010

Breast Cancer awareness necklace

* originally posted 1/5/10 on another blog

Sometimes you just never know when you’re going to find something in common with a stranger.
I went to Costco to get a new pair of glasses and started chatting with the optician. Found out we have some cool things in common (friend, vacation spots, etc.) We also have a desire to find a cure for breast cancer.
I told her that Mark and I participate in the Breast Cancer 3-Day in San Diego and mentioned some of our fundraising efforts. One of those fundraising ideas, from a coule of years ago, are breast cancer awareness necklaces that I make. Each bead on the necklace represents the size lump that might be found if you are… or are not…doing monthly self exams and getting regular mammograms.




I’m proud to be a part of such an amazing event. If you’d like more information go to http://www.thebreastcancer3day.org/ Or, if anyone EVER happens to read this blog and you’d like a necklace, send me an email and I’l be mor than happy to send you one. I sell them for $5.00 (while supplies last). carrielaine@rocketmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment