Monday, February 1, 2010

Chemo hats for a friend.

One of my best friends told me that her Mom has Stage 4 lung cancer. She's going in for her first chemo treatment today and with the cocktail they're going to give her, she'll probably lose all of her hair immedietly.
Well...I may not be a doctor and I can't be there to hold her hand, but I can do what I can do best. I can create something that might bring a smile to her face.
I researched chemo caps and what women have said works best. Hats with very soft yarn, no seams, and no wool. I actually went to a "real" yarn store and bought alpaca yarn. It's a beatiful shade of terra cotta and I paired it with a Silky yarn of pale yellow. Then I bought more of the silky yarn in a couple of other colors. All together I made 4 hats this weekend. I found a great pattern on Ravely.com and found it to be very easy and versitle.

My friend loved the hats and couldn't believe that I didn't sell them. Well...we'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment